logo
Welkom gast! Om van alle functies gebruik te kunnen maken kun je Inloggen of Registreren.

Mededeling

Icon
Error

Delen
Opties
Ga naar laatste bericht Ga naar het laatste ongelezen bericht
huiop123  
#1 Gepost : dinsdag 22 december 2020 06:49:09(UTC)
huiop123

5 ponder

Jeff Passan: As partial as I am to the Carter/Alomar/McGriff/Fernandez blockbuster trade in 1990, the only answer is the Texas Rangers signing Alex Rodriguez to a 10-year, $252 million deal at the 2000 meetings in Dallas. It's the single most consequential contract in sports history.Seattle Mariners Face Coverings

We have to see how it all shakes out, but with the way he plays, we project him as being at the top of the lineup. His forkball percentage jumped this year as he dialed back his usage of the slider.He struggled mightily after the World Baseball Classic in 2017, slashing just .247/.364/.435, but has bounced back with two solid years.Kikuchi hit .325 in 2014 and .315 in 2016, the only seasons when he finished with an average of at least .300.Houston Astros Face Coverings

Allen’s son says his father holds no grudges. Before retiring his number, the Phillies had inducted Allen into their Wall of Fame, and he has worked for the club in various roles for several years. His reputation, however, never fully recovered. In 1994, nearly two decades after Allen had played his final game, famed baseball writer and statistician Bill James wrote that Allen “did more to keep his teams from winning than anyone else who ever played Major League Baseball. And if that’s a Hall of Famer, I’m a lug nut.”Chicago White Sox Face Coverings

Phillies managing partner John Middleton broke from the team's longstanding "unwritten" policy of retiring only the number of players who are in the Hall of Fame to honor Allen.Minnesota Twins Face Coverings

Lee: The series of small transactions the Red Sox made at the 2012 winter meetings, signing Shane Victorino and Mike Napoli, didn't make major headlines or set any contract records, but proved that the most important signings don't need to be with the highest-profile players. Victorino (.801 OPS, 15 homers, 26 doubles) and Napoli (.842, 23 homers, 38 doubles) provided depth to the Red Sox's roster and played critical roles in Boston's 2013 World Series run.

Alden Gonzalez: I don't know if this is actually it, but I'll go with the Los Angeles Angels signing Albert Pujols in 2011 at least partly because of where I was at the time -- in my early 20s and a month into my first beat, covering, of course, the busiest team of all. The final day of the winter meetings is typically uneventful; the Rule 5 draft takes place in a giant conference room early in the day, then all the executives and reporters rush out of the hotel to catch their flights back home. But it started to feel as if this year's version would be completely different the night before, when word began to spread that the Angels -- with two legitimate first basemen already on their roster -- were serious about signing a man who at that point was still the game's greatest player. The following morning, just before those conference-room doors opened to the media, the Angels landed Pujols with a historic contract. Within the hour, C.J. Wilson agreed as well. On one of the industry's most tedious days, the Angels spent more than $300 million. I might have blacked out.

In October, Funes pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $500,000 from the hospital foundation and giving some of the money to the parents of two former LSU players. He was sentenced to 33 months in federal prison.
Sponsor
Gebruikers aanwezig in dit topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
Spring naar forum  
Je kunt hier geen nieuwe berichten plaatsen.
Je kunt hier niet antwoorden op berichten.
Je kunt hier geen eigen berichten verwijderen.
Je kunt hier geen eigen berichten bewerken.
Je kunt hier geen Polls creëren.
Je kunt hier niet stemmen op Polls.